- It is now socially acceptable to acknowledge that Luongo is a good goalie
- Patrice Bergeron is no longer underrated. It's amazing what a Stanley Cup will do.
- "Flyers captain Mike Richards and Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash" ... yeah.
- Eric Staal gets pummelled, then shakes it off and goes on for his next shift. Where are the concussion experts?
- Speaking of concussions, hey Pronger.
- Gonchar was a presence in this game (sigh)
- Bryzgalov took over for Nabokov and nobody laughed.
- So many too many men penalties were called, and nobody made fun of the coaches.
- Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf were on fire. Not so much these days.
- Crosby does everything but score and still gets chirped. So, not much has changed on that front.
- Semin, Ovechkin and Malkin on the same line seemed like a good idea at the time.
- Doughty, Bergeron, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Richards are all suddenly Cup champions.
- Scott Niedermayer.
- Pierre McGuire is still annoying.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
So much has changed
I was feeling a little hockey-starved, and all this London stuff has made me nostalgic for the Vancouver Olympics. So I decided to watch the Canada vs Russia quarterfinal game with a friend of mine on twitter. And, as it turns out, a lot of stuff has changed in the past couple of years: