Saturday, December 10, 2011

On Being A Female Sports Fan

I recently stumbled upon an article written by Kevin Fisher and DC Sports Dudes. Shelly and I read it together, and were too disappointed to find that this mindset exists in the sports world to allow it to slip by without sharing our thoughts here. (I'm going to try my best to not swear. I really really am.)

There's a lot of absolute bullshit here, so let's begin. 

Before I start trashing all women for their ridiculous behavior at sporting events, I apologize to the .01 percent of the female population that are actually good fans.

 So clearly he recognizes that he's about to trash all women. Just doesn't care? Is too stupid enough to realize the idiocy of his comments? Who knows. The ridiculous generalization made here is just the beginning of what's to come in this steaming pile of a post. And 0.01%? We won't even go there.

You see pictures of girls at tailgates and football games wearing jerseys.

 I would just like to point out that apparently he's only seen pictures of girls at tailgates. This does not surprise me.

You see this girl wearing a jersey and you know this girl is not a fan,

 By just looking at a girl, he can tell that she is not a fan. Like how by just looking at this piece of shit article, I can tell that the person who wrote it is a sexist moron!

For women, the game isn’t even secondary, it is irrelevant.  Women view live sporting events as just another opportunity to show others how much “fun” they are having and being able to pretend they are a “fan.”

 Look at me, I'm having so much fun being a fan that I'll ditch social events to watch the Leafs lose to the Bruins! That'll make me popular!

And that’s what these girls are who do this, complete jokes.  Do they really think that men don’t see right through this?  I think girls know that guys like a girl who enjoys sports, so buying a jersey will impress said guys.  Except, it usually has the opposite effect.  We just laugh at your phony attempts to act like a fan.


 We're sorry if you're intimidated by girls who know what they're talking about. From our reaction over
MSN: I think this about sums it up.
AND WHAT THE HELL
MAKES HIM THINK
ANY GIRL WOULD
EVER WANT TO IMPRESS SCUM LIKE HIM

Pink jerseys.  Girls who wear a pink colored jersey of a team are barely above Hitler.




No comments: